Friday, 23 March 2012 00:00

Cutlip Wins HUGE in Wake Co. Straw Poll

Thursday, March 22, 2012


Cutlip takes in nearly 75% of the vote!


Wendell, North Carolina – Duane Cutlip, Republican candidate for the newly drawn North Carolina State House District 35, won the largest straw poll to be held in Wake County among Republicans. There were several hundred Wake County delegates, activists, and observers in attendance to hear Herman Cain speak and participate in the straw poll. The margin of victory was almost 75% for Cutlip, with the remaining 25% going to Wake Forest resident Chris Malone.

The local Republican Convention features delegates from every precinct across Wake County who gather to organize, take care of county-level Republican business, and select delegates to move on to the state convention.

 "I am humbled to have the support of my peers”, said Cutlip, who has been active in grassroots Wake County politics for much of the last decade. Cutlip continued, "The overwhelming margin of victory is quite an honor and I am pleased to have their confidence behind my bid to represent House District 35".

This is the second straw poll conducted in Wake County that has included the contest in House District 35. Cutlip won the Moccasin Creek Minutemen straw poll in February with almost 94% of the vote with Malone taking the remaining 6%. While the GOP poll included voters from all over Wake County, ehe Moccasin Creek Minutemen poll primarily featured voters from eastern Wake County in the area of House District 35.

# # #

Duane Cutlip, a Rolesville area family man, has worked with finances in several small businesses across North Carolina. He was the Republican nominee for North Carolina State House district 39 in 2008 and 2010. Duane’s campaign is rooted from his personal experience in that small businesses are the engine of our economy. Visit

The Duane Cutlip Steering Committee

Claude Pope, Jr.
Former Chairman
Wake County Republican Party

Marilyn Avila
Representative, NC House Dist. 40

Russell Killen
Mayor of Knightdale

Frank Eagles
Mayor of Rolesville

Gene Schulze
Mayor Pro Tempore of Apex

Ron & Fannie Stell
Wingtip Farms

Tommy Massey
Wakefield Nursery & Landscaping

Paul Fitts

Paul Terrell, III

Phil Matthews
Wake County Commissioner

Deborah Prickett
Wake Co. School Board Member

Dustin Tripp
Knightdale Town Councilman

Bryan Hicks
Rolesville Town Manager

Christie Adams
Wendell Town Commissioner

Phil Jeffreys
Former Wake County Commissioner

Vinnie DeBenedetto
Former Holly Springs Town Councilman

John Lewis

Larry Schug

Published in Press Releases
Find us on Facebook
Follow Us